Biryani used to be one of the main meals during the Mughal dynasty; it is well known for veg and non veg. It came out from the Mughal kitchen to the restaurants and homes as well. But the biryani of Hyderabad is leading as well as delicious one. That is why this article is going to cover Hyderabadi veg biryani with hemp. You will need a small quantity of Hemp Hearts to make this kind of veg biryani. You can easily buy Hemp Hearts online if they are not available in your kitchen.
How To Make Hyderabadi Veg Biryani
- Take around 300 grams of rice and rinse it into water until water gets clear of starch. Use colander to rinse the rise, later on leave rice for around 30 minutes into clean water to get softened. If it is possible use aged rice.
- After draining, keep it aside.
- In the meantime, you can prepare other veggies.
- Take 3 cups of mixed veggies according to your taste.
- Take one large onion and slice it.
- Chop around two of pieces of ginger that must be around 10 grams.
- Take around 12 cloves of garlic and crush them, and it must be around one tbsp of crushed garlic.
- Cut 3 or 4 chili into pieces.
- Chop cilantro and mint leaves as well, it is supposed to be 1/3 cup each of chopped leaves mint and coriander leaves.
Cooking Basmati Rice For Veg Biryani
- Put pressure cooker on high-flame and pour around five cups of water.
- As water gets hot and add all spices like one Indian bay leaf (tej patta), 4 green cardamoms, 1 black cardamom, 2 single strands of mace, 1 inch cinnamon. Leave water to boil on high-flame.
- Add rice to it and gently stir rice with a spoon.
- Rice is supposed to be semi-cooked, not fully cooked.
- Pour down it into colander to rinse all liquid out of it.
Process To Prepare Hyderabadi Veg Biryani
- Either uses a pressure cooker or a pan. heat 3 tbsp of clarified butter and add the following given spices one bay leaf( tej patta), 1 black cardamom, ½ tbsp of cinnamon, 4 cloves, and 3 green cardamoms. Sauté them till they change its color.
- Add sliced onions, stir with a spoon on a medium flame until it gets golden brown color but it is not expected to be burnt.
- Add the chopped ginger garlic along with sliced green chilies.
- Saute it until raw aroma of ginger garlic goes away.
- Turmeric and red chili powder should be added to it. And stir it to mix well.
- Now, you can add chopped veggies
- Saute it for a few minutes.
- Reduce the temperature and take beaten yogurt which is around 200 grams, and with it.
- ½ cup of water and stir it again.
- After that add almonds, raisins, and cashews to the vegetable gravy. Later on mix it well and check salt if it is ok, before adding nuts, chop the nuts.
- On the other stove you can warm 5 tbsp of milk and add ¼ tbsp of saffron strands, stir and keep it aside.
- Take a bottomed pan and put half of the vegetable curry first and keep around half of the semi cooked rice.
- Now, sprinkle chopped coriander, saffron milk and mint leaves.
- Now, take remaining gravy and layer on it.
- Use remaining rice as a next layer. Now, remaining coriander can be sprinkled, saffron milk, mint leaves, rose water supposed to be 2 tbsp. for garnishing golden friend onion can be used around 1/3 cup, thus , a few more layer is expected to be done , but rice should be on the top layer.
- Lastly, at the time of serving, drizzle around two tbsp of hemp seeds over biryani.
Hyderabadi veg biryani has earned its name globally due to its lip-smacking taste. It is almost everyone’s favorite and hemp products make it more nutritious. So try to make it at your home and enjoy the great taste of this mughalai dish.