Hemp has an incredible history and it is grown in the range of the Himalayas due to suitable climate. The inhabitants of this range are well aware of its magical nutritional profile and its unbelievable health benefits. In addition these people knew how to make the use of it in many ways. Hemp Oil is abstracted from the seeds and residue left after extracting oil is used to make Hemp Protein Powder. Hemp oil is used as an ingredient in many dishes. Khichdi enjoys first place in the Indian menu. When people fall sick, doctors recommend it because it is light as well as nutritious.
What is Khichdi?
Khichdi is traditional porridge like blend that is prepared by cooking turmeric, rice, yellow lentils, clarified butter, salt, cumin and spices according to taste. This dish has been prominent globally due to its amazing medicinal properties. Khichdi said to be a nutritional power house and its nutritional profile is explained below.
- Dietary fibers
- Omega 3+6
- Edestin protein
- It improves immunity and energy of its consumers.
- It helps its consumers control insulin, fat levels, and blood glucose thus diabetes can be under control.
- It gives good life to the heart.
- It is well- documented treatment for those who are suffering from asthma, cough, sinusitis, and running nose.
- It keeps your weight under check and helps you reduce your weight.
- It has anti-aging properties that helps you look younger and it does not let sagging and wrinkles come on your face.
- It is very easy to digest.
- ½ cup of moong lentil
- ½ cup of rice
- One small size of chopped tomato
- One small size of chopped onion
- One small size of chopped chili
- 2 tbsp of clarified butter oil
- ½ tbsp of cumin splutters
- ½ tbsp of grated ginger
- ½ tbsp turmeric powder
- A pinch of asafetida
- 1/3 tbsp of salt ( depends on your taste)
- 2 tbsp of hemp oil
- You take ½ cup of moong lentils and the same quantity of rice and leave them into water to get softened for around 30 minutes. Later on wash the ingredients and drain the water away.
- Put pressure cooker on low heat, and pour around 2 tbsp of clarified butter, and to this butter, add around ½ tbsp of cumin splutter. Chop one small size onion into small pieces, and saute it unless it become translucent.
- After that you add one medium size chopped potato, around one medium chopped green chili, chopped tomato and ½ tbsp of ginger (grated ginger).
- Now, saute it unless the tomatoes get softened.
- Add drained moong lentil and rice into pressure cooker, and stir it until it gets blended well.
- Add water until all above given ingredients gets sunk.
- Now stir all the ingredients until get perfectly blended and then leave the cooker unattended unless it gives four to five whistles.
- Now, it is ready to be served, do one last thing to make this dish healthier, add two tbsp of Hemp Seed Oil, and mix it well.
Khichdi is one of the well-known dishes in India prepared in almost in every house. Owing to its medicinal properties, it is used by all sorts of consumers. And hemp products are also well known in the world for their amazing nutritious profile thus the combination of these makes wonderful healthy dishes.